Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9330/9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Error installing/previewing 7.0 theme on 9370 with modified theme builder 6.0

I've upgraded a 9330 running 6.0 using a 5.0 theme (custom layout) successfully, but need to get the same theme to export for use on the 9370 running 7.0. Verizon is the carrier... Since the phones share the same resolution the theme should work on the newer device.

Theme builder has been modified according to the unofficial guide. I see the new device and OS versions in the dropdown and modified the theme properties of the custom.properties in /Blackberry6_320x240/.

I can export the 7.0 type ok but not see theme in display options - it shows up in applications. When attempting to directly install from theme builder on the device I get a generic message saying the phone connected does not match the version of the theme.

Is there something I missed in configuration of theme builder? What can I do to get this custom6 theme to work in 7.0? Could it be a Verizon security lock on 3rd party applications? I saw there were *no options* listed and figured security might block it, but I am new to blackberry dev and forgive my ignorance.