Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BOLD9900
My Carrier: Digicel

Error: invalid manifest or application descriptor

Hi, so I'm no techy but I've been trying to upgrade my appworld and everytime I try to download it on my browser I get this message: "Error: invalid manifest or application descriptor". Is there anyone that can help me without all the "jad and MIDlets" and all those other things I'm not too familiar with? Please!!!!!!
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Error: invalid manifest or application descriptor

my advice is to uninstall the AppWorld (using the Application Management tool in the device options), then installing it again by going to http://appworld.blackberry.com/ .

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: 07582922174

Error: invalid manifest or application descriptor

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I encountered the same problem and tried to remedy it by deleteing the programme using the BlackBerry Desktop Software while my device was plugged in, after I applied the update to my device, it changed the files and rebooted the phone.

I then installed it using the same desktop software but it still didn't work.

Do you understand why? 

Also if I uninstall the programme using the application manager on the phone will I be able to re-install it using the desktop manager?

I am using Giff Gaff as my service provider.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dominic