Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

Error message 102

How do I resolve this message which appears when I turn the phone on?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: Error message 102

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

Did you happen to download any app before that error message appeared?

Then try deleting that app and restart your phone.

Keep us posted.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi SixPH

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please read this Knowledge Base and try to follow those suggetion to resolve your issue with this JVM error :

KB10068 :  " JVM 102 " error is generated on the  BlackBerry Smartphone

Good luck .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

It was my son's phone, and I can't get far enough to delete anything- but that may well have been the cause. How do I get to delete the app?

Forums Veteran I

Simply highlight the app you want to delete, press menu, click delete, restart your phone to complete the process. Smiley Happy

Keep us posted.
Smiley Happy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

I can't reach any apps- the white screen appears when i turn the phone on with error message 102 and I have tried pressing every button with no change of screen.  I would delete an app if I could fins it but how do I get beyond the front screen?

Thanks

Forums Veteran I

Hi!
Go on safe mode, then delete the app.
here's how to open your device on safe mode http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB17877&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Good luck Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Thank you for that idea but it didn't work and my son assures me he didn't unload any apps. Is there anything else I can do?

Forums Veteran I

Hi! Try reloading the phone's OS/software. Read this:

Http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB11320&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Good luck Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

SixPH wrote:

Is there anything else I can do?

SixPH

Have you even read the Knowledge Base article that I posted on # Message  3  for this JVM error ?

To recover your device from this JVM error you had to Reload or Update the OS , you can try the method KB11320 as posted by mondi to reload the OS . However .. if you device had a problem or it is not detected by desktop software then you have to try some other methods like :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Or if needed :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

I hope it will help you in recovering your device , but please note those methods will delete all user data within that device , if you have a backup or using BlackBerry Protect you can restore it from there.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.