Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Error message: Wi-Fi Radio Not Working/Switching Off!

My BlackBerry Curve 9320 has developed a rather annoying habit of late. When i switch my phone on of a morning and log onto the internet i have to manually connect the phone to my router every day! Sometimes i get the following message: Wi-Fi Radio is not on. So i go to Manage Networks and click on my network to connect and it goes off and on a few times before staying on. I check the box to turn on the Wi-Fi but it clears the check box almost immediately all on it's own. It is driving me bonkers. At home i have an Orange Brightbox and use this network to go online and sometimes when i am out and about i try to log onto the Vodafone network to surf the internet and the same problem happens again so it is not just my network router is it? Can anyone help me to stop the checkbox clearing as soon as i put a check tick in the box to connect Wi-Fi?????

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: digicel

Re: Error message: Wi-Fi Radio Not Working/Switching Off!

Try wiping the phone if that does not wk u might have to reinstall the OS
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for your advice and will try it. It just so happens that i am having my broadband upgraded tomorrow to fibre broadband and will wait until the day after before trying to wipe the phone in case the router that i am using now is the problem. Incidentally how do i wipe the phone? Sorry for sounding ignorant about this but would love some advice.

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: digicel

Its kool we all here to learn
To wipe ur phone go to
Options
Security
Security wipe