Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
01-13-2012 09:12 AM - edited 01-13-2012 09:35 AM
My blackberry 9800 is no longer working with apps .. It appears that all newly installed apps or upgraded apps (purchased or free) now give a 'verify error' on startup. I have re-installed the apps and even re-installed the OS to no avail.
Online forums show many others with this issue but the only advice is upgrade to OS 7 which is not an option for the 9800 I own (a bit over a year old) some suggestion the app registry is full but no idea how to fix this...
This is extremely frustrating that the primary apps I use on my phone are no longer functional and there seems to be no way to get support or help on this issue beyond a vague suggestion that I buy a new device.
Can anyone help?
OS 6.0 bundle 2647
02-21-2012 08:38 PM
I was able to fix my phone with the help of Blackberry support.
1. update the desktop software
2. back up data from phone
3. download the newest version of OS6 to the computer
4. close desktop software then run the OS6 .exe
5. open desktop software plug in phone to computer and pull the battery.
6. choose the option to install local (downloaded OS6) version
7. note that the 'recommended' option is not the local option -both work but the local option is faster.
8. replace the battery quickly as soon as you see the installation progress bars.
9. after installation is complete, remove from computer and navigate the browser to app world and download it
10. open app world and update BBM software
11. download any 'app' that was not working before and enjoy (in my case 'wikitude' 'tumblr' 'ubersocial' 'foursquare' 'wordpress' 'twee tcaster' and 'BellTV')
lastly, go back to the desktop software and get your data back
Took about an hour+ 112mb downloaded for desktop software and 189mb downloaded for OS6...all this so I could use the wikitude app (it was worth it)
Blackberry Bold 9780
Blackberry's number is 877-255-2377 but if you call your carrier and have them transfer you; you wont have to pay for your Blackberry ticket/case #
Bell Canada was helpful and RIM was helpful
09-04-2012 11:47 AM
I found a quicker and easier solution. I down graded my software version. I connected my BB via the blackberry.com OS6 upgrade link and because my version was the most recent I chose to try downgrading instread. Now all my apps work just fine. But I am unsure whether or not I should upgrade again........... hmmmm.....