Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 3
My Carrier: RIM

Error stating "Enter a blackberry Id associated with this smartphone."

When i log in with my correct Blackberry Id and Password, my device i.e Blackberry Bold 3 comes up with an error saying "Enter a blackberry Id associated with this smartphone."
What should i do to access my Blackberry Id on my smartphone?

Please reply

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Error stating "Enter a blackberry Id associated with this smartphone."

Hi Dhrumanm

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Is it a use device or a new one ? You had to enter the correct Username associated with that device.please go through this Knowledge base :

KB28429 : "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone

If you fail to enter the correct Username then you had to create a new BlackBerry ID.So please try to recall the correct username and the password that you had set during your Initial setup.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 3
My Carrier: RIM

It is a used device! I tried out logging in with 2 blackberry ids and that too with correct password! But it still shows the same error! What can i do if i dont remember my initial username on this device?
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi Dhrumanm

Any BlackBerry smartphone can have only one BlackBerry ID associated at a time .So please follow the steps and create a new BlackBerry ID of your Own on that device .

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone.

Let us know if you feel any problem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.