Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Error

While using my bold 9900, a white screen popped up saying JVM error 520 and a continue button under it... After pressing continue the mobile returned to last view and froze....had to restart it by battery pull. Any information will be helpful. Thanks.
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Error

i don't see any reference to Error Code 520 in the Technical Solution Center.

Just keep current backups of your device should it happen again with any larger downtime.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
hay
New Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9900 (3g, wi-fi) 7.0.0.353/ plat 5.0.0.544
My Carrier: gci

I just had the same error code and white screen.  I was adding address to forward e-mail to when occured.  I selected continue and all seemed normal so I fwd e-mail off.  Within seconds Mail system error from one of the recipients email administrators was rec'd.  (Postmaster@cingularme.com) wasnot delivered because to large for destination computer.  Server max is 3145728 mssg was 3982821.   Don't know if had anything to do with getting the code but I did fat finger his contact and sent to his bb as mms instead of e-mail.

Don't know if this helps or not but so far I have had no other problems. 

hay
New Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9900 (3g, wi-fi) 7.0.0.353/ plat 5.0.0.544
My Carrier: gci

520  popped up again... today is 3/25/12.  Was not being used, I just saw it flash white screen while sitting on desk next to me.  this is now the second time in three days.  As with last time I selected continue, device returned to hm screen, but this time, apprx 5-8 seconds later, black screen and started loading as if a batter pull had been performed.  All appears to be normal now.

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: maxis

What really is error 520??? Just happen on my torch 9810...
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kurosaki wrote:
What really is error 520??? Just happen on my torch 9810...

and what has happened since this error 520?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: maxis

Its keep poping... And when it happen I press continue.. And it autostarted... When its about 60% loading it froze.... And need to started again... Today its happen about 2-3 times...