Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Everything going wrong!

[ Edited ]

I'll try to make this short and sweet.

My phone comes from South Africa but I am on a UK contract (T-Mobile), but the phone that came with the contract was a Nokia. Anyway my App World has never worked and my status is always on roaming - if I take it off roaming all services stop. So maybe it needs to be changed...

Anyway I managed to download new App World over the Internet and when I installed it it erased my BBM (along with all contacts, I assume). Anyway I tried EVERYTHING to get it back. Eventually thought to download it through the computer and desktop manager WHICH PREVIOUSLY WORKED FINE. Now, the PC isn't even detecting my BB and all things are on (media card support, mass storage mode etc) but PC does not find it, so now I cannot download BBM through that.

Even though I have new App World it still doesn't work - always telling me I need WiFi WHICH I DO HAVE and WHICH IS CONNECTED! So I can't get BBM through that either.

Oh yes, I also called my brother and he told me to security wipe my phone - so then I lost everything. I then did an update (of which there wasn't any updates...) but still nothing is working. I also took battery out whilst phone was on and tried to find BBM but to no avail...

Ugh!!! Please help! I need BBM because it's the only way I keep in contact with my family overseas!

I don't know what to do and have spent the whole day trying different things but NOTHING works...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Everything going wrong!

As your contract came with a nokia phone.. have you called t-mobile and asked them to add the Blackberry Bolt On?

You need an active blackberry data plan in order to use BBM, App World email etc.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Everything going wrong!

Yeah, I've got the Bolt On; BBM worked before but it has disappeared since installing new App World. Unfortunately I can't d/l through App World and now the PC isn't finding my BB so that's the problem. I think I'll just have to go into a T-Mobile and get someone to look at it! Thanks for the suggestion though.