Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Exchange Sync Issues

I just went back to my BlackBerry after a week with the iphone.  I set up my exchange server but now I can't delete certain older e-mails which were on the phone before I deactivated it and certain calendar items are duplicated on the BlackBerry but not in Outlook.  I have done resets but still nothing.  Any solutions?
Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Exchange Sync Issues

You can wipe the handheld and setup with Exchange again. Wiping handheld to clear the device of all databases.

To wipe handheld :

- from Home Screen > Options > Security Options > General Settings.

- press the trackwheel or Menu button (if you are using device with trackball) > Wipe HandHeld.

- You would be prompted to type the word 'BlackBerry'.

- Once wiping completed, handheld will restart on it's own.

- You can now setup with Outlook.

***Visit BlackBerry Technical Solution Center (www.blackberry.com/btsc) for answers to your support questions, documentation & related resources***
My Device: Not Specified

If I wipe the handheld, will that delete every single thing?  Pictures?  Settings?  Etc.?
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Or if you don't want to wipe use the Desktop Manager. Once the software is installed go into Backup and Restore | Advanced. From here just select the Messages database on the right hand side and click the Clear button. This will only clear the Messages database and leave everything else in tact. The procedure is almost the same with the Calendar, but you first have to go into the Calendar on the device, display the menu, then hit Options. Change the Wireless Synchronization to No. Afterwards just follow the same steps as above, but choose Calendar in the Advanced section. After that's done go back into your Calendar Options and change the Wireless Synchronization back to Yes.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.