Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 (BIS from Vodafone)
My Carrier: VODAFONE - India

Exchange mail configuration for BIS

I purchased BOLD 9700 in last week of April 2010 & was able to successfully configure my work email (Exchange 2007 through OWA). However the same worked for about 3 weeks and after that suddenly it got disconnected. I checked with my company's mail admins and as per them they have not done any changes or any upgrades etc to mail system.

Now whenever I try to configure the mail, I get following error:

2358i2AAB3464AEA30A52

Earlier too, I had used the same settings, and it worked correctly. Now this is giving error. I tried to change the web url to https:// to but no success.

Can you provide me suitable resolution, if possible?

some details about the device:

Model: BB 9700 (Bold)

Software: V5.0.0.351 (platform 5.1.0.98)

Application memory (free): 112 MB

Media Card (Free): 1.6 GB (out of 1.8 GB)

Carrier: VODAFONE - India

Thanks in advance.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Exchange mail configuration for BIS

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

First, you need to access your OWA from a PB/Browser so that you can know exactly the settings to use. Then, use this KB to configure.

• KB03133 How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account

The error you are getting sounds like the URL is wrong...so trying first from a PC/Browser will verify that data element.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 (BIS from Vodafone)
My Carrier: VODAFONE - India

Hi..

Thanks sd for the welcome as well going through the message. I  had already checked the url (http://indmail.lntinfotech.com/owa as well as https://indmail.lntinfotech.com/owa, and it works fine. I can access my emails from home using internet. 

In case you or anyone else comes accross any other solution, please do write.

Thanks & Regards

Naresh

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, there are a few KBs that discuss possibilities, but they are all on the OWA server side...and they already told you that they didn't change anything:

• KB18567 BlackBerry Internet Service cannot connect to a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account using Microsoft Exchange 2007
  • KB04804 Error message received when attempting to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access 5.5 or 2007 account
  • KB15040 Microsoft Outlook Web Access stops functioning when BlackBerry Professional Software is installed on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
  • KB02858 Unable to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access or IBM Lotus Domino Web Access email account with a BlackBerry Internet Service account

So I'm not sure if they will be helpful, but one never knows.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Were you able to resolve this issue with the lntinfotech exchange server? I am getting the same issue with BIS service.