Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Experiencing problem with retention of old emails

A co-worker of mine switched to their new BB, they have been experiencing a problem with the retention of their old emails. They have pictures and music that is being saved on an extended memory chip, but the built-in memory management program of the BB device continues to kick in and remove their old email. Is there a setting that will over-ride or disable the memory management app?

Does anyone have any information on this?

Please help.

Thanks,

BBcool

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Experiencing problem with retention of old emails

If they go to Messages > Options > General Options check the Keep Messages option. What is it set for?

Also, you will want to have them check their available memory. Go to Options > Status and check the File Free parameter. If it is low then they will need to free up memory as a low amount of memory may cause the loss of messages. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Experiencing problem with retention of old emails

Thanks for your response. I just went ahead and asked them to check their BB settings as you requested.

Is there not a way you can get some sort of message that pops up saying "there is not enough space"? or some place where you can set a maximum amount of space for pictures and media?

Thanks again,

BBcool