Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Export all Contacts from BB to Sim Card OR Microsoft Outlook

Is there any way we can transfer all contacts from BB to Sim Card OR Microsoft Outlook?  

I just cannot find any key to copy my contact to Sim. PLEASE HELP!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Export all Contacts from BB to Sim Card OR Microsoft Outlook

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

To copy a contact item to your SIM, see this KB:

• KB04205 Copy a contact to your SIM phone book

To configure to sync with a desktop PIM Organizer program (e.g., Outlook), see this KB:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Hi,

Is there any way to export ALL the contacts to the SIM card in one go?

The article that was posted only showed how to copy one contact at a time and only copied one phone number instead of all the details..

Please help?

Thank you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

gunsynd wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way to export ALL the contacts to the SIM card in one go?

The article that was posted only showed how to copy one contact at a time and only copied one phone number instead of all the details..

Please help?

Thank you

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

First answer -- no. One at a time.

Second answer -- the SIM has very limited address book functions, much less than the device contact list/address book. Hence, there is nowhere on the SIM for the added details to be placed, so they are indeed left off.

Frankly, using the SIM as a method of a) backing up or b) moving contacts from one device to another is IMHO the worst choice. There are many other methods that will achieve moving everything and doing it in one batch. But, you'd have to let us know what you are wanting to attempt before we could guide you further.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

I am having the same problem. When I downloaded the new OS it asked if I wanted to import the contacts from my SIM to my phone. Without thinking I clicked YES. Now the phone seems to be running slow all the time and says the memory is full despite that I am running very few applications etc. I put this down to the memory being full of my contacts or am I wrong?

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Bluetooth-sync with you laptop/cell-transfer contacts-done. Then transfer these contacts from the laptop to anyother device.

New Contributor
My Device: Curv 9300 3G
My Carrier: Mobily

[ Edited ]

hi

i have to ways and hope to solve your problem i have the same problem before but i didn’t find an easy way to copy all my contact numbers to my PC and after 2 month by accidently i was trying to hack my other mobile by using Bluetooth just testing some steps.

Before you start i think you need to copy all your contacts from Sim card to the Device.

first way : connect the first mobile to your 2nd mobile or your laptop by using Bluetooth then  its connected from the 1st device Bluetooth list press on the name of your 2nd device - now you'll see an option called "transfer contacts"

Note : it will send a file to the other device with all your contact list in one file vcf and if you open that file in receiving device it will start to add all the contacts number to the device ,so if you are using your friend or other person mobile all you need to do is to accept receiving the file and then close it don’t open it then download it to your PC or send it by Bluetooth to your laptop.

find any simcard software to help you importing the file to your simcard.

2nd way : connect your mobile by USB and search for *.vcf files in your device and copy it . connect your other mobile and see where is the vcf files folder is and past it theirs.

thank you all 

My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: virgin media

To do this 1. Install "share addressbook" from bb app world. 2. borrow a bluetooth enabled phone, from a close friend or relative,.and make sure it is listed in the "Share Adressbook" program. Also make sure this phone can copy or move contacts to sim or vice versa 3. Remove sim card from Blackberry. 4. Replace batterry and cover (not Sim). While the BB is restarting,you can remove sim from borrowed phone and replace with the bb sim. 5. Replace battery and cover and restart borrowed phone. 6. Once both phones are up and running start the "share Addressbook" program and send all contacts to the other phone. 7. If you can check that they are on the sim . If not copy or move your contacts to the sim by ticking the ones you want on your bb sim. 8. Remove bb sim from borrowed phone replace in your bb phone.8. Once bb phone has restarted select any contact on the list click the bb button scroll down to Sim phone book and you should see all your numbers. 9.Check and remove any of your numbers on the borrowed phone that you don't want it to have. Do the same on your bb. 10 Correct date time etc. on borrowed phone and return to owner.
hjw
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks

I was also wondering how to do this......

My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: a

Ok, now I am trying two days in a row to syncronize the contacts from multiple contact list. There is nothing useful on the net. 

But i found the best solution which I am suggesting to everybody: 

Type your contact manualy in to Outlook and go buy a Android phone or Iphone.

I will do so!!!

After 4 years it is enough... Bye Bye Blackberry