Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch9800
My Carrier: bsnl

Re: Extend your Torch battery life even longer!

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: at&t

I had that issue recently, called the AT&T rep, was advised to make sure I'm not running multiple apps at the same time in the background!  I didn't realize that just beause I backed out it doesn't mean I closed them.  ALWAYS close all the apps you're exiting!  That helped out a whole lot.  My battery lasts all day and then some, keep checking for the apps you run at the same time.

nod
Contributor
My Device: 9300 RDA71UW
My Carrier: bell

Awesome Brother KerriB. I went to 10 on the brightness and 20 second for time out. It help a lot. And I'm going to run my battery flat a few times. I only use 110 volt AC home power for charging. Or inverter 12 V DC to 110 volt AC when on the road. Never 12V DC. Battery gets to hot doing this. DC is not cool for charging cell phone batterys. But then again, I could be wrong. Ha Ha.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Batteries are DC only. Nobody has invented an AC battery yet! To convert a battery's output to AC and inverter is necessary.

The charger puts out a current reglated DC source at the manufacture's rated voltage and current to charge the batteries. Inside most devices that contains the battery; is a voltage and current control circuit that handles the charging characteristics.

With some types of devices found in some industrial equipment, and with automobile chargers, the total charging control circuits are external and built in to the AC operated power supply itself. With cell phones, portibable computers, and etc., the main control circuits are normally located inside the device and not the external power supply.

If you overdrive the device to charge the battery there will be damage to the device's battery charging control circuits before the battery is damaged.

The importance is to use a power supply that is rated for the battery and control circuits in the device. Using the approved accessories with your device will better guarantee there will be no damage.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: att

Thanks for the tips

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

9800/6.0.0.600 sorry but this BB has the worst battery life out of all the bbs that I have used. I put it down to bad design-Os they have put the biggest screen with the smallest battery bold has a bigger battery with no touch-screen + I have done all the little tips which you shouldn't have to do its like buying a Ferrari and turning down the bhp? #poormovebb how big is the bat in the new 9900 and 9810?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

You must have some type of application running in the background, or something in the setup, or a defect of some type that is causing battery drain. There is also the probability that you have a battery that is defective and it is not holding charge.

I have the Torch, and I am a heavy user. I leave the Bluetooth on always, and use the Bluetooth earphone most of the time.  I have a Playbook bridged to this phone all day long, and use it tethered for a few hours at a time. I am able to get very close to the rated talk time and standby time out of my phone. I run the display at about 60% instead of 100% brightness to get a little more time out of it.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

Anyone know what it is when a picture of a battery with a red cross on means even when fully charged ??
Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: virgin media uk

this really works !!!!!! thanks for the advice Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Where is the Blackberry "log" key on a Torch?