Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: orange botswana

FM tuner for Torch 9810.

Is there an App that would allow Torch 9810 to function like an ordinary FM tuner? i.e. Tuning to radio stations without having to use WiFi, EDGE, 3G, etc!

I would like to install one in my phone but haven't had any luck so far!
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: FM tuner for Torch 9810.

myleemok wrote:
Is there an App that would allow ....................................without having to use WiFi, EDGE, 3G, etc!

I would like to install one in my phone but haven't had any luck so far!

If it's an app, it's going to use data of some type, be it Wi-Fi, EDGE, 3G, etc.  The only BlackBerry devices that offer a true FM tuner are the Curve 9320, 9360 and 9380.

I hope that clears things up for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

if I do use an App, do operator charges apply? i.e. will I have to pay for listening to radio?would it be like streaming? And as such no reception if there is no 3G, EDGE, or WiFi?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

It would be streaming data to your phone, so it would eat away at your monthly data allotment from Orange.  Using an FM app over Wi-Fi would be recommended because most people have a MUCH larger data allotment with their ISP (Internet Service Provider) than they do with their cellular carrier.

As mentioned, the only way you don't stream data for FM is if you own one of the Curve models I pointed out.

I hope that helps.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Thanx ma man!..