Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

FORGOT MY UNLOCKING PASSWORD HELP!!!

I've forgotten my unlocking password and ive got two attempts left until ive reached my limit!! I can not remember my password what i thought it was is wrong! please reply quickly its urgent! Thank you.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: FORGOT MY UNLOCKING PASSWORD HELP!!!

Nothing can be done.  You will have to wipe the device when you put in the password in a few more times.

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Often users who have multiple numerals in their password will only press the ALT key for the first numeral and not those following, so for instance, if your password were "1234", you might have been pressing "Alt 1234" on the device, which makes the actual password to be "1ers".

Does that make sense? Does it sound familar to your usage?

So check the way you enter your password on the device... do you think you are entering multiple numbers but actually are not?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Try to connect it to the Desktop Manager and back up the phone. After you've done this, keep trying to unlock the phone. If after 10 tries you've not unlocked the phone, your device will be wiped. All data will be gone, but this will give you a chance to write a new password and use your BlackBerry. Next step, restore the phone. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: XL

Hi

I have problem with my unlock blackberry 8900 (Javelin), I believe I already type correctly, my unlock password is 0232001 but it comes up with incorrect password ( 0ere00w ) now I only have one more attempt. Please help me I dont want to loose my data Smiley Sad

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hi,

If you have enterprise account activated on your handheld, then you can reset your password from BES server adminsitrator.

Otherwise, this is part of security, RIM provides where nonone can find alternate to reset locking password.

Thanks..!

New Contributor

Hi,
I dont have enterprise account,

Tracking from the above discussion, it was said that "just type what you ussually type your unlock screen password, because after 5 attemps fail it will show your character password instead of numbers.

Is it true that I just type the correct one in character mode ? because I only have 1 more attempt

Pls help

Forums Advisor III

No it will not, even it will prompt you to type blackberry in between and also before final attempts, it will prompt you to type blackberry.

Thanks..!!

New Contributor

Yes you are right Sir,

I have asked to type blackberry before the final attempt..

I still searching for any tips how to solve it, as I dont want to loose my data Smiley Sad

Forums Advisor III

Ensure you are pressing Alt, if there is any numeric value in password.

Good luck...!!