Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

FREEDOM UNIVERSAL KEYBOARD 2

Unable to sync Universal Keyboard 2 with Blackberry Tour 9630. Anyone successful? Thanks
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: FREEDOM UNIVERSAL KEYBOARD 2

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums zoni! Smiley Happy

Try starting a thread in the Tour forum:

Tour Forum

This forum is generally for intros, but I that link will get you to a great forum to find your solution.  Try searching in that area and see what you can find. Search box is at upper left of the screen.

Just couldn't help myself. Smiley Happy  Hope this helps: Freedom Universal Keyboard 2

Could be the drivers that you need.  Also to set up bluetooth to pair with your BB.  Good luck and Have fun.  My thumbs hurt too. Smiley Wink

Keep coming back.  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by IrwinII on 08-05-2009 10:42 AM
Message Edited by IrwinII on 08-05-2009 10:43 AM
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

Thanks for the welcome. Have already attempted what you suggested without success.
Forums Veteran III

zoni wrote:
Unable to sync Universal Keyboard 2 with Blackberry Tour 9630. Anyone successful? Thanks

What do you mean by "unable to sync the keyboard with your Tour?"

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

Downloaded appropriate drivers to BB but get message when trying to connect to keyboard  "This keyboard is not supported by these drivers". Tried to do it through bluetooth but BB will not recognize keyboard.

New Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  The driver and software is installed, but when I try to connect, I get the message about it keyboard not being supported by the drivers.  Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
Forums Veteran III

[ Edited ]

I read in another article on the web about needing to input an activation code that is in the manual.  Give that a try?

Also check the product compatibility listing at the bottom of the page:

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/WIRELESS/STORE/productdetail.asp?productid=23820

Post back and let us know how it goes?Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by IrwinII on 08-05-2009 08:05 PM
IrwinII
New Contributor

Thanks.  The only activation code I see listed in the manual is the passcode that you enter when pairing.  I've read other problems that come up once you get it paired, but I can't get past that step.  When I try to pair it, the keyboard is recognized, but after I input the passcode, it gets stuck on 'waiting for keyboard'.  Also, I checked compatility, and the Bold is listed as being compatible (and I've heard of others who are using it without difficulty on their Bolds).
Forums Veteran III

Hmmm. I would try googling the device & see what links you can come up with. Sounds like some soet of software/hardware issue with the keyboard.

You can also try searvhing some on the BB tech support center in the forums though I didn't come up with anything on that specific keyboard.

I'll keep working on it & other users may have some ideas of their own.

Hang in there! Smiley Happy
IrwinII
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi zoni,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit