Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
04-23-2009 12:55 AM
Has anybody else downloaded facebook 1.5 and had serious issues w/ their calendar. I now have a duplicate of every entry in my bb calendar and it doesn't let me delete appointments that I added from my gmail calendar that syncs w/ the bberry.
I also can't delete the program from my phone. It doesn't even give me the option to delete like every other program I've downloaded. something is very very wrong.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
04-23-2009 01:02 AM
Please don't duplicate post..
04-28-2009 04:08 PM - edited 04-28-2009 04:10 PM
I installed Facebook and want to turn off the calendar option for Facebook. However, I cannot delete the events on there currently. I have turned the option off in FB, then I cleared all calendar items using advance backup option, restarted the phone, and sync the phone with my current calendar option. Is it possible to delete the entire facebook calendar?
Note: I also use google sync for my normal calendar. I also swapped my default calendar back to my vzw calendar. Finally, I can delete each entry individually. One by one. Currently I have 193 entries so I don't want to have to do that to delete FB calendar.
05-15-2009 01:53 AM - edited 05-15-2009 01:54 AM
I don't use outlook, instead I mostly use google sync, and keeping my facebook app installed for the contacts to be available.
* go to options on facebook 1.5 and uncheck Blackberry Calendar, (and Blackberry contacts application). Then Clear cache in facebook, and log out.
* go to options on the Blackberry and go to advanced options then go to default services and change the calendar (CICAL) to the default (ie google).
* Go to your calendar and note all your appointments that you wish to keep, (as the next step could delete them off your device calendar). Double check on google calendar website that those appointments are still there.
* Delete all appointments in blackberry calendar, by pressing ‘RSET’, that does not need to be in capital but those are the exact letters you need to put in when you are in the calendar and pressing the menu. For QWERTY users type normal, for Sure Type devices r is pressing the key number 1 twice etc (go in to calendar, press the menu key, then options, that is where you would need to enter these four letters as a command)
* You will then be prompted to reset/clear the facebook calendar, AND the google calendar you have already on your device. Say yes to all of them as long as you have double checked your google calendar is up to date.
* Once deleted, do a soft reset, battery pull, or look for a program called quickpull.
* After rebooting try another google sync. If report says items deleted then go into your google calendar and re-insert them. Try the sync again. Then check to see they are under the right calendar.
* log back into facebook, ensure that blackberry calendar sync service is Unticked, then go to your options, advanced options, default services and see if it’s still your google. Hope this helps, this worked for me, no duplicates!
07-05-2010 06:00 PM
I have a similar, but different, painful problem.
I had this problem once and I called my operator (o2 in the UK), and they said that if I re-download Facebook from the BBerry app store, it should work better, but it didn't.
I have installed Facebook. It took over my calendar. When I try and make an entry into my bberry, it always goes in as a facebook calendar entry. When I sync with my desktop, it doesn't sync into my main calendar.
I've deleted the facebook app, and Facebook as the Default Calendar(CiCal) in the Advanced Options > Default Services entry remains. Not only that, but I cannot change it to anything else or remove it.
I've tried a Security Wipe of all installed Apps, and it didn't help.
When I go to Calendar > Options >Select Calendar ..., I can change the calendar but only for that one time, and it still doesn't sync properly. Please help me, and why can't Bbery pre-vet such an important application as Facebook before it puts it on its App Store. Very poor user experience I must say.