Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook 1.6 downgrade to 1.5

I, like many others, am unable to sync BB address book and calander with facebook since upgrading to 1.6. Whether its a BES issue or not, i'd like to downgrade to 1.5 until it gets sorted out. Unfortunately I do not have any backups. Is there any way to downgrade? Or a location to download 1.5?  

Any assistance would be appriciated.

Thanks

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Facebook 1.6 downgrade to 1.5

On your BlackBerry, look at Options > Advanced > Applications > Facebook. What version of the Facebook software do you see?

If it is anything other than 1.6.0.21, (a lower number than .21), then you need to upgrade your Facebook to the newer version that fixes the calendar issues.

http://www.blackberrynews.com/2009/07/06/facebook-v1-6-0-21-fixes-calendar-and-friends-refresh-issue...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I'm running 1.6.0.21

My problem is that 1.6 does not give me the option to sync the address book and calander as noted here:

http://digitaljive.wordpress.com/2009/06/20/facebook-for-blackberry-contact-and-calendar-sync-disabl...

It is totally disabled for me, and according to that site it's an issue with BES, which I do not have access to (company phone).  So as far as I can tell, the only solution right now is to deactivate my enterprise connection (which is out of the question), or go back to 1.5

I don't know of how you can downgrade to 1.5 UNLESS you have made a backup of your third party apps on your PC, and have the backup still there.

Otherwise, you can ask your BES Admin, since it must be disabled for a reason. They don't want your Facebook syncing with the address book.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks bud. Looks like i'll have to chat with the IT guys. Unfortunately I don't expect much priority put on a social netowkring request

You're probably right. I just don't know of any 1.5 downgrades unless a friend or someone saved the cod file for you.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
Ok, so I found a copy of 1.5 floating around. Loaded that up and everything is back to normal. I'm not sure why RIM made this change but they need to do something about it for all of us on company exchange servers. I loved 1.6 but I won't use it if I can't use the sync features.
Message Edited by teamr on 07-10-2009 01:34 PM

Hi - I am having the same problem with my BB and Facebook 1.6.  Where did you find v1.5?  I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

New Contributor