Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Facebook 10.4.0.12 - BB10 Z10 - Update - Page Posts Scrambling Issues - Not in Chronological Order - New Posts Not Showing...

Regarding the Facebook App...

Even since the last update (10.4.0.12) the posts on all FB Pages and Friend Timelines are out of chronological order (scrambled) and only show older posts (you cannot see any new posts).

This was not an issue with the preveious version of the Facebook app.   Blackberry users are extremely upset about this and require some type of communication from Blackberry about a near future fix or an option to return to the previous version of the Facebook app.  

For Blackberry users who manage Facebook Pages for Business on-the-go, this update has crippled them.

Why would Blackberry release an update with such a massive functionality set-back?

Did Blackberry not test the App prior to releasing the update?

So many Blackberry users are upset.  Many are leaving blackberry for android or iOS.  Just read the reviews on the Facebook app in Blackberry World.   Blackberry might be able to save some of these Blackberry users by communicating to its customers and ensuring them that there will be a fix in the near future.  To most BB users, a properly functioning Facebook app is crutial and is their most frequently used app on their device.

Again, BLACKBERRY...  Communication please!...

#1)  Is Blackberry working on a fix for this issue?  If so, when will the update be available?

#2)  For the time being, can BB users revert to the previous version of the FB App?

Thank you.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Facebook 10.4.0.12 - BB10 Z10 - Update - Page Posts Scrambling Issues - Not in Chronological Order - New Posts Not Showing...

You can set your News Feed to chronological order. Hit the icon on the top left. Then hit the gear icon next to News Feed. Change to Most Recent.

The timeline can't be set either on Facebook or the Facebook app. No idea why that gets out of order. Though the app comes through BlackBerry Facebook determines how the app works, not BlackBerry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Re: Facebook 10.4.0.12 - BB10 Z10 - Update - Page Posts Scrambling Issues - Not in Chronological Order - New Posts Not Showing...

John_Clark,  No offense, but Blackberry users are looking for helpful information.

#1)  The News Feed is not an issue and it is not mentioned in my original post for that reason. Most Blackberry users are already aware of the News Feed order setting. The gear icon is in plain sight and is very obvious.

#2)  Newly added posts and chronological order of posts on Friend and Page Timelines were not an issue in the previous version of the BB10 Facebook App.   Blackberry Limited is the developer of this App.  Blackberry Limited developed and released the 10.4.0.12 update.  Ever since the installation of the latest update (10.4.0.12) BB10 users have been having the Timeline issues as mentioned in my original post.  So it seems as though the Timeline issues were created by the developer, Blackberry Limited, not Facebook.  

In any case, Blackberry Limited should be working diligently on correcting the Timeline issues. If there is an issue on Facebook's end, then Blackberry must work together with Facebook and figure this out as soon as possible.  That is, if Blackberry does not want to lose more users to Android and iOS.

Judging by the reviews on BB World, I believe I can speak for all BB10 Users when I say we need answers to the following questions:

#1)  Is Blackberry working on a fix for the Friend and Page Timeline order issues caused by the recent update (10.4.0.12)?  If so, when will the update be available?

#2)  For the time being, can BB users revert to the previous version of the FB App?

BB10 users would appreciate prompt answers to these questions from involved staff at Blackberry Limited.

**Please save precious forum space... post helpful information only**

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'll post whatever I want in this PEER-TO-PEER support forum where USERS help other USERS. It is NOT an official support channel where BlackBerry responds to issues, though once in a while someone from BlackBerry does post.

If you want to contact BlackBerry you can contact your carrier and ask to be escalated to BlackBerry or call 1-800-BLK-BERRY and pay your $50.

I gave you the only information known by any of us at this time. Take your condescending and rude accusations of people not being helpful somewhere else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

(John_Clark,  I was not trying to be condescending and rude.  I did begin my reply with "no offense".  Sorry if you took me the wrong way.  I am certain you are a valued contributor to this forum as you seem to have a fair amount of knowledge on the Blackberry product.)

To all forum users:  With this post,  I am looking for answers to two questions.  That is all.   The two questions are posted twice now and here they are again:  (please also read original post for complete details)

#1)  Is Blackberry working on a fix for the Friend and Page Timeline order issues caused by the recent update (10.4.0.12)?  If so, when will the update be available?

I am not looking for any other information other than the answers to these two questions.   I appologize for not making this clear in my original post.

Guru II

#1) BlackBerry never gives forward looking information.  Even if they were working on a fix (and hopefully they are) they wouldn't tell us.

#2) BlackBerry gives no official method of downgrading.  However, a quick Google search found this:  http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-apps-f274/if-anyone-wants-go-back-facebook-10-3-0-2-here-...

It looks like it's just a bar file so I recommend using Sachesi to load it.  Here are some instructions for using Sachesi.  The instructions are for installing Snap (which, if you don't have it, I highly recommend if you're on OS 10.2.1.xxx) and you can use the same instructions for installing the Facebook bar file(s)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/You-Upgraded-to-OS-10-2-1-and-wan...

The other option is to use Snap to install the Android version of Facebook.  I hear it works well. 

Contributor

Wow!  Now that is what I call helpful information!!  Thank you very much John_Clark!!  You've made my day!! 

Like you say, hopefully Blackberry is working on a fix because side-loading apps is not an easy task for everyone.

I downloaded the .bar file from the link you provided (thank you!)  I just side-loaded the Facebook App version 10.3.0.2 on to my Z10 using DDPB (I already had DDPB on my PC from when I side-loaded SNAP a month ago).   I deleted Facebook 10.4.0.12 off my Z10 first.  Not sure if I needed to but I guess it just made sense to do so.

I now have the previous version of the BB10 Facebook App (10.3.0.2) installed on my Z10 and I'm back to seeing Timelines in chronological order!!  Yay!

Now to wait for Blackberry to release a newer, better update with less issues.

Thanks again John_Clark!!

Guru II

Glad to help. If you can find Sachesi 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 it is way easier to sideload with Sachesi than DDPB. With Sachesi you don't have to mess with Development mode. Just plug in, drag bar file to the install box and you're done.

Guru II

This has been fixed and is available in the Beta Zone for download. 

www.blackberry.com/beta