Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook Application - cannot connect

I downloaded the Facebook application from the Blackberry site.  Whenever I try to connect I get an error message that says "A connection cannot be established to the Facebook server".  I checked with my company and they told me they don't block the use of any applications on Blackberries.  Any suggestions?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Facebook Application - cannot connect

Yeah you need to muck around with it a bit to get it working.

1. Enable your service for blackberry web, thatll send down that IPPP for 5 click.

2. Delete your desktop IPPP service book, leaving just that other IPPP book.

3. Hard reset. (making sure the device is turned ON when you take the battery out)

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

Thank you. This is a dumb question, but can you expand on what exactly I have to do? I'm not that swift.
New Contributor

I have an IPPP for 5 Click already. Is it the IPPP for BIBS that I need to delete and then reset?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Sorry for the late reply, yes delete the ippp for bibs and then pull out battery whilst phone is still turned on..
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

I'm getting not able to get certification approval or something to that effect?  can't connect because of it.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem too. Could you explain it in more detail - Where do I "enable the service for blackberry web"? Do I open web browser? What's IPPP?

Sorry for the dumb quesion Smiley Tongue

BTW I'm using Curve 8530.

Thanks!

My Device: Blackberry curve 8830
My Carrier: Verizon

I have done the above twice and still get the error message when I try to post a picture to FB.  I am able to get messages though!  This is totally frustrating, can you help?

New Contributor
My Device: 8330 curve
My Carrier: verizon

I have had this problem for a long time, have searched for answers and tried everything. Nothing has worked. smaller pictures sometimes go thru. today I got it to upload a bigger picture by going to the mobile site (not through the facebook app) and uploaded a photo there and it worked. Not easy like it would be if the app worked, but atleast i could finally upload a pic to facebook!

Hope this works for you.

Sheree

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2- 9550
My Carrier: Fido

Try downgrading the OS. I have OS5 on Storm 2 and had a similar problem and tried everything untill I downgrade the OS and things went back to normal.

I hope this helps.

Hasan