Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook Challenges

Okay, I installed Facebook from the Application Center - went through the whole process - reboot, etc.  I have a facebook icon under the time on my screen and the number 3 (was 1, then 2, now 3) next to it - I assume that it's messages I supposedly have.  Problem is, I don't have a facebook application anywhere on the system that I can find.  I can go to m.facebook.com through the browser, but no application and now i can't get rid of the 3 next to the icon.

I tried reinstalling it and still the same issue.  I'd like to delete it, but since there's no application listed anywhere, don't know that it's possible.

Any suggestions?

Contributor

Re: Facebook Challenges

if you go to apllications then it should be there at the top. If you didn't log off then it should load up right away.

To be honest not really worth having as the application is so rubbish and basic. Think I'll wait till Spring 09 when new apps are released

New Contributor

See, that's the thing - it's not there under Applications.  I've tried using the "Show All" option and it's still not there.  I've rebooted the phone - soft and hard reboots and still not showing up.  I'd really like to delete it, but, at this point, the phone can't seem to even find it to delete it.
Contributor

Try on the downloads folder. My opera mini was there, waiting for me.
New Contributor

Nope.  Not there.  Not in Applications, not in Downloads, I've looked in every folder on the phone and no sign of it.  That's what's frustrating about it.  The only evidence that it is there is the Facebook icon underneath the time on the home screen (which is unclickable).
Contributor

hook it up to your pc and try it from the application manage folder in desktop manager...uninstall and then try re install

I had the same confusing problem with my Storm--had a facebook icon with the number three next to it at the top of the main screen under the date and time.  I went to my Applications and clicked on the facebook icon to show me what new alerts I had received.  After reading the three bold new messages from my facebook application, the icon and the number three on the main screen disappeared.