Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8900

Facebook Contacts

Hello - I recently downloaded the Facebook app update and can no longer link my Facebook friends to my BB contacts. Also, since i last was able to link friends to contacts i have added the Enterprise email to my handset - does one have anything to do with the other? If not, can anyone offer any assistance/advice?

thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Facebook Contacts

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

A brand new version of FB was just released last night...if you don't have v1.6.0.21, see this article for instructions:

http://www.blackberrynews.com/2009/07/06/facebook-v1-6-0-21-fixes-calendar-and-friends-refresh-issue...

to obtain that latest version. There are several things fixed, hopefully your issue is one of them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for your advice... 

I downloaded the update, but it did not change anything. When i click on a friend's name i no longer have the option to connect to blackberry contact and i'm suspicious that it's been this way since i set up my Enterprise Email with this handset. 

has anyone else experienced this? It's pretty frustrating. Any more helpful ideas would be great!

thanks! 

New Contributor

I just noticed that my BlackBerry Contacts application is disabled and is grayed out meaning i can't enable it, does anyone know why this would be?

thanks 

New Developer
My Device: Bold

Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

[ Edited ]

Is RIM going to fix the "organizer data access" as described in this article?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18427

Okay, so we're supposed to suffer if our BES admin hasn't updated to 5.0 policies and granted explicit permission to this specific policy?? IMO it should be the other way around: default allow unless explicitly denied... 

I fall into this scenario:

Scenario 4:

The BlackBerry smartphone is activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server that does not contain this IT policy.

Result 4

The BlackBerry smartphone user will not be able to configure Facebook integrations for the BlackBerry Calendar application or the BlackBerry Contacts application; however, they will be able to control the BlackBerry Messages application.

I'm at a fairly large corp, and the response I got from the BES admin was "can you downgrade?" I don't see very many admins seeking out and turning ON this policy... 

Message Edited by lost180 on 07-13-2009 03:50 PM
Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

Will the next Facebook update fix the above problem of relying on a specific 5.0 IT Policy that we may or may not have?

Basically, if you're on BES, and this policy has not been installed AND configured, facebook 1.6 defaults to blocking contacts and calendar sync. Pretty annoying if you ask me.

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Hello,

Were you ever able to solve your problem??  Because it's exactly what I'm dealing with right now.  Ever since I activated Enterprise, the option to link my Facebook friends with BB contacts has disappeared; and the option is grayed out under settings, so I can't enable it.

I was wondering if you ever found a solution...

Thanks!

My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

So frustrating, I'm having the same problem!!  Did you ever get a solution?  If so, can you share.  Thanks so much!!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I want to put the facebook app on my blackberry but I do NOT want FB to send out ANY messages to ANYONE in my contacts.  Is this possible?  My blackberry is connect to my work, and I do not want Facebook to be sending messages to people unless I specifically choose to.  Any advice would be much appreciated..  Thank you.  Maggie