Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Facebook Icon not working

Definitely on a Torch 9800 which is mine, I cannot view newsfeeds.  I logged onto facebook after I started getting this error with a BB9360 and I could view newsfeeds without a problem, so logic tells me it cannot be facebook, but  I do not think we will get a solution quickly

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I've reported it through the channels I have. It is nothing with your individual devices. It is a server issue, either on RIM's end or FB's end...I just don't know which. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It likely doesn't have anything to do with the device model. It probably has more to do with which server a particular device is logging into. Could be based on location, carrier, device model, anything. To say "it cannot be Facebook" is assuming a bit too much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

I used the same sim card, so it is the same carrier.  My location settings on both devices exactly the same.  Why does it work on one and not the other.  I am a mobile device administrator and manage about 500 blackberry devices, I have tested it properly and logic tells me it is my device or RIM, perhaps the FB version.

Guru II

From what I've been told the issue is being worked on. I cannot confirm whether it is a FB issue or BB issue. Right now the workaround is to use WiFi. For some reason the mobile network connection to FB isn't working properly.

New Contributor
My Device: 3G 9310 Curve
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

My wife can access the news feed on her 8530 with OS5.0 but I can not with my 3G 9310 with OS7.1

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9630
My Carrier: verizon

Using just the WI-FI Setting and shutting off Mobile on Verizon - i can now access FB feeds....Just saying...

sng
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: o2

"The facebook server has returned an unknown error and is not able to fulfill your request . (2001). message" is being recieved by both my hubby on his Blackberry curve on Virgin, & my Blackberry torch on o2. I've re-booted both, updated & rebooted his, both to no avail.

the news feed hasnt been updated for over 17 hours.

Guru II

Please read the thread before posting. The workaround for now is to turn on WiFi. Mobile connection to FB is broken right now.