Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Facebook Messages and Notifications Not Working Anymore

[ Edited ]

Hi,

As of about a week ago, I have started receiving only about 10% of the messages and notifications from facebook that I used to receive to my Blackberry.  90% of the messages and notifications now just get stuck in facebook and I only see them when I log into fb through my laptop.

As of the last week, every once in a while I will receive some facebook message or notification to my blackberry, but the majority don't make it to my Blackberry and instead just stay on facebook until I open the site on my laptop.

What happened?  I haven't changed anything.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Facebook Messages and Notifications Not Working Anymore

I don't have an answer but I am seeing something similiar - I am now frequently getting "We are unable to reach the Facebook server at this time (0)" messages when I hit the Messages icon in Facebook on my Blackberry.  No changes on my end either.

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hmm.  I've had your problem on and off since I first got my Torch over a year and a half ago.  Half the time, my Blackberry can't connect to the facebook server either.

However, even when I still can connect manually through my Blackberry, I'm still not receiving the messages and notifications to my Blackberry on a regular basis.  In fact, I hardly receive them to my Blackberry anymore. 

I guess you could say the push technology isn't pushing anymore...

Regular Contributor

This is a refurbished Torch I received about 2 weeks ago.  The previous one and this one worked fine until a few days ago.  FB notifications work fine - both to it and my email.  Just the messages part is having issues.  I did a test and sent myself a FB message from my PC.  No notification on the Torch but I could see the message on the Torch if I opened the Messages section of FB (the error message didn't pop up).  Oddly enough - older messages in my FB folder don't show up.  Just the one I sent myself.

Regular Contributor

Noticed this last night - I had received a couple of FB messages during the day and was notified properly.  Just after midnight I hit the Messages icon and got the unable to contact the server message.  Like something happened at midnight to re-set things.  I know its not exactly your problem but maybe related.