Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Facebook Messages and Notifications Not Working Anymore

[ Edited ]

Hi,

As of about a week ago, I have started receiving only about 10% of the messages and notifications from facebook that I used to receive to my Blackberry.  90% of the messages and notifications now just get stuck in facebook and I only see them when I log into fb through my laptop.

As of the last week, every once in a while I will receive some facebook message or notification to my blackberry, but the majority don't make it to my Blackberry and instead just stay on facebook until I open the site on my laptop.

What happened?  I haven't changed anything.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Facebook Messages and Notifications Not Working Anymore

I don't have an answer but I am seeing something similiar - I am now frequently getting "We are unable to reach the Facebook server at this time (0)" messages when I hit the Messages icon in Facebook on my Blackberry.  No changes on my end either.

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hmm.  I've had your problem on and off since I first got my Torch over a year and a half ago.  Half the time, my Blackberry can't connect to the facebook server either.

However, even when I still can connect manually through my Blackberry, I'm still not receiving the messages and notifications to my Blackberry on a regular basis.  In fact, I hardly receive them to my Blackberry anymore. 

I guess you could say the push technology isn't pushing anymore...

Regular Contributor

This is a refurbished Torch I received about 2 weeks ago.  The previous one and this one worked fine until a few days ago.  FB notifications work fine - both to it and my email.  Just the messages part is having issues.  I did a test and sent myself a FB message from my PC.  No notification on the Torch but I could see the message on the Torch if I opened the Messages section of FB (the error message didn't pop up).  Oddly enough - older messages in my FB folder don't show up.  Just the one I sent myself.

Regular Contributor

Noticed this last night - I had received a couple of FB messages during the day and was notified properly.  Just after midnight I hit the Messages icon and got the unable to contact the server message.  Like something happened at midnight to re-set things.  I know its not exactly your problem but maybe related.