Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: claro

Facebook Notificactions

I don't have the Facebook VPL services book. I don't receive any kind of notifications and can't see my private messages. I've restarted my phone, tryed to change my e-mail account to the one i received the e-mail notifications, I've reinstalled facebook twice and nothing seems to work. Need some serious help 

Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Facebook Notifications

There is an option to receive notifications, or not. While running Facebook, press the BlackBerry button to open your menu. Scroll down and look for "Facebook notifications". There is a box that can be checked - to receive notifications, or unchecked - to stop notifications.

My problem is the opposite - I have deselected the box - but I am still receiving notifications at all hours of the day and night!! I have to turn my phone off, else the "pling" wakes me up. 

Last time I checked this was a "known issue". I assumed it would be resolved. I have been turning my phone off at night, which made me miss a call when my parents were in a car wreck. My options are 1) keep the phone off & miss emergency calls 2) keep the phone on and miss important sleep 3) uninstall facebook 4) find out I'm a retard and there is somewhere else to turn off notifications!!!

Help is appreciated!