Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Facebook Notification Problem

I used to recieve nfacebook otifications for, new messages, wall posts, status replys etc on my storm. all of a sudden that has stopped, I have tried taking the battery out, reinstalling facebook, logging out and logging in, and checking my online facebook, all to to good.

Help!!

Thanks guys and girls

Ian

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Facebook Notification Problem

Hey Ian, how long has it been like this for?  If it's just been a day or so, it's possible that it might just be Facebook.  I had a problem a while back where my Facebook notifications were messed up for a couple of days and then just started working again.  Are the notifications still going to the email address associated with your account?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Hi Ya

Thanks for the reply. This problem has been going on for around a week now. Have checked all facebook settings. I did have 1 random wall post come through two days ago.

Thanks

Elite I

Someone else was having problems with the Facebook notifications as well... I wonder if there is just a problem with Facebook.  I remember one time where I didn't get some notifications and got others I didn't want.  When your notifications don't come through on the Facebook app, do you get the email notifications?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Yes still recieving notifications via email.

Thanks

New Contributor

This maybe the same trouble I am having with random alerts My texts messages are inconsistant to alert me may vibrate only and no sound or it may do nothing at all but led blink. Its totally frustrating me have read around several forums and found no real answers. I am stuck HELP!!
Elite I

I'm going to see if I can get some more information.  Give it a couple of days and I'll see what I can come up with.

Many thanks for your help mate.
New Contributor

Thanks I will keep looking to      :manvery-happy:
Elite I

Hey guys, I just asked the other person to try this too, and figured I'd ask you guys to try these steps as well.  I don't know if it'll work, but figure it doesn't hurt to ask, and if nothing else, it provides more troubleshooting steps for the Technical Advisors:

Can you go to the Facebook app, press the BB menu button, select Options and then clear the cache?  And if that doesn't help, go to the Options icon > Advanced Options > Service Book.  Delete the Facebook service book and then have the service books resent to your phone.  After that, do a battery pull reboot.

Try that and let me know if it does anything (and let me know if it doesn't work either).

Thanks!