Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold - 9780 2011
My Carrier: DU

Facebook Notifications

Hi community..

well its not a new issue that m facing... bt i hav tried everything possible to get the Notifications of Facebook sync with the messenger so that the notifications show on my home screen, but it aint working.

Should i switch off all the notification emails from the phone and then the notifications will come to the phone or wat?

Thanks

Waqas

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Facebook Notifications

Hello samiiboy,

The following articles should help regarding your issue with Facebook notifications:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14358

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17087

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Facebook Notifications

[ Edited ]

I tryed all of these techniques. This seems super simple, but I think my problems is more difficult.

I remember I used to receive notifications when I was having the older version of facebook, the one before the 2.0.0.45. Everything was super smooth, no problems at all.

Then I got the notification that the app has to be updated, and after the instalation no messages notifications were being deliver on my phone. I checked the notifications boxes under options and all of them are checked.
What I'm doing it right now is sending me an email notification, so I know when somebody sends me a message, but that shouldn't be they way.

Then I go to the app, and when I get in to check my feed or to reply the messages, then the messages pop out on my inbox but I've never gotten a notification.

BTW, I'm using a 9780 with the latest OS