Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Facebook Notifications

I've read through several posts of people who suddenly stopped recieving Facebook notifications.  I guess the answer to this problem depends upon clarifying my understanding of how the app actually works.

I used to receive all my notifications through email, but that's been off for about six months now, because it clogged up my email.  However, even with the email notifications off, on my BlackBerry Torch I've always gotten the red asterisk next to the little globe and sound notifier that show ups/sounds off when Facebook is updated or when close friends make a post.

I haven't receved any stars, dings, or notifications in the last two days, and the notifications section of FB for BB is completely empty.  BUT my news feed/home page on BB is current and updating.  The issue is that while FB for BB is updating, it's not showing notifications in the notifications sections, nor is it giving me the red star.  Now I have to constantly go into the app and check the FB news feed/home page page rather than seeing the red star next to the F on my phone's home page/desktop.

I'm not sure what would have caused this change, since it's always worked fine.  But also, not sure what the settings were, to begin with, to make it work right in the first place.  It just always worked, so if something was reset or changed accidentally, I wouldn't know what that was.

All my FB notifications were always received within the app itself - not through email or through text.  But I don't know what the settings have to be on the PC version of Facebook in order to receive them as notifications on my phone (and notifications through the app, not via text or email)??  I've checked everything I know to check, on both my phone and the PC, and I'm stumped.  :Smiley Frustrated

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Facebook Notifications

[ Edited ]

Hello SuperScriber22,

The following articles should provide you with more information regarding Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones notifications:

Notifications are not received from Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14358

Push and email notifications are received for the same item or no notification is received when using Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17087

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!