Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Facebook Notifications

Oh I'm not having my FB posts come into my email account.I get notices like a red star showing on my FB app that I then open FB and then cli k right to corner and it opens any new post that are to me.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

jason,

Here is the current thread URL at blackberrybeta

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/12010#70571

You will have to sign up for it but its quick and painless.

Trusted Contributor

LCromwell,

Yes, that is what I am refering to.  The FB notification from the app.  Little FB message icon at top of screen touch it, goes to screen that lists each notification under Facebook, touch each one etc.

This is where it would take you to the post and it either fails on those with a photo as discribed earlier or it shows you the that so and so said such and such if there is no photo in that thread on FB.  In those you only have the option to close, no more like or comment.  Anyway it isn't a beta issue or a app issue it most likely something that FB is rolling out various tweaks that are not working.

Contributor
My Device: Tourch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

If anyone from RIM reads this forum...

Some photo notifications seem to work...
Here is the difference I see in them...

Mark R**** added a new photo (Fails to load and has the format with the bad date)
Posted by Facebook User
In Unknown Album
Dec 31, 1969 16:00
Retrieving photo comments...

Patricia R*** shared  Man Cat's photo (This works fine)

Rich K**** updated his status: "Status here" (This works fine)

Meme T*** shared National Disaster Search Dog's photo (Like the share above this works fine)

Hope that helps some.

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: rogers

i've been having the same problem for two days now.  Whenever I get a notification that someone commented or liked a photo, I cannot see the update from the notification.  Pic never loads and has the Dec 31, 1969 date.  I thought it was an app issue so i re-installed, rebooted, pulled battery, etc.  Nothing seems to help.

Trusted Contributor

joehong13,

I've been looking around the net and can only find this issue specific with Blackberry's Facbook app.  Facebook obviously changed something in the way they send notifications and Facebook apps for other plateforms seem to be dealing with it just fine.  In that sense it is an issue with Blackberry's app and most likely needs to be addressed by RIM until that time I suppose all we can di is sit around and get notified that someone posted or commented to something that we must now go and look for.  I have also noticed that notifications regarding any post made to a Facebook group will no longer take you to that group page it simply tells you someone replied to a post.

Contributor
My Device: Tourch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

As of about an hour ago....

All notifications are back to working the way they should.

No explaination from either FB or RIM...

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: rogers

mine works too but I had to logout and login again....funny, when I logged in, it said "updating..." (updating what?  who knows) but it works now.

Very interesting.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.

I logged out and then opened FB to log in and before I could log in it said updating too. I'm on FB Beta.