Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 Curve
My Carrier: VIPnet

Facebook and memory card

[ Edited ]

hello people,...

Facebook app was never my favorite on my BB. It's sluggish, slow, and it simply sucks. Until today,... I've removed my memory card from handheld and voila. Facebook worked GREAT! really fast and as I, and everybody else expect! But the problem is,... When I put back memory card, it gets sluggish again. So my question is, how do I force Facebook app to use only internal memory?

Info:

BB Curve 8520

BB OS v5.0.0.610 (I know it's not official, but every OS prior was showing exact problem with Facebook app)

Carrier: VIPnet

memory card: Default 2GB

I've deleted Facebook app couple of times, deleted cache, removed battery and still same problem with facebook.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: various
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Facebook and memory card

By removing your memory card you did force FB to work off internal memory only. To do this dynamically you can go to settings > options > memory > media card support > OFF and see if that works as well.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
Contributor

I got that loud and clear. But i wanna use my memory card, i've got important stuff on it ... But i don't wanna facebook app to use it ... Can that be solved?

Contributor

Sorry for bumping the topic, but i really need to know can this be fixed.

p.s: does anybody have same problem?

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Starhub (Singapore)

Same goes to me. When i took out my microsd card, the facebook application on my blackberry bold 9700 was running fine. And when i inserted my microsd card back again in the phone, the facebook again ran very slowly. I guessed it must be some connection problem between the facebook apps and the microsd card. 

Yus

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey Guys,

I am having the same issue with my Bold 9700 and facebook. WHen the memory card is inserted my phone slows down soo dratically it becomes unusable after opening the facebook app, however if the memory card is removed It works as it should. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Is it affecting only a subset of users?

Contributor

I don't know is it illegal, but try to install Facebook app beta 1.8. You can find it on blackberryrocks Smiley Happy

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Exact same problem. Since I just use memory card for audio/video, I just enable it when I use those apps. Don't know if there is any other work around.