Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Facebook app disappeared after upgrade!!

My Facebook icon has disappeared after doing the latest app world upgrade. App world says its installed but I can't find it. Checked the hidden icons and its not there either. In Options, App Management it says its 'Not Running'. How do I get it back??

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Facebook app disappeared after upgrade!!

Try the workaround here:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB27920&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

It worked!!

THANKS!!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: DTAC

Tried everything I could think of including your work-around but no go. I have the same problem with Opera Mini browser. Doesn’t show up anymore after upgrade as well.
Contributor

Okay, I just tried to reinstall Opera Mini again and now it shows but when I try to start it I get the following error message:
Error starting operette $2dhifi: Error loading module 'operette $2dhifi' VerifyError.
Does that ring a bell with somebody?
Forums Veteran III

@JLetesson:

When you get a chance, do a battery pull.  When the red light goes away on the front of the phone, hold down the back button the entire time while the phone is booting up.  When the boot is complete, the phone will enter safe mode.
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17877

See if you can delete facebook and opera from the device.  Do another battery pull and try to install facebook and opera again.  To install opera, from the device head over to
http://mini.opera.com

Now if it still gives you troubles, the only other thing I can recommend is a software reload.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

@Wolf359

Thank you very much for your quick reply.  Therefore alone I gave a thumbs-up.

I did everything you described, except for the reload but nothing changed. Facebook installs but don't show and Opera installs but gives the error. What I did find out in the mean time is that none of my browsers work on my Torch. So if I try to go to the Opera site to download I get a "Unable to find the requested server" error so it could be that the Opera problem lie with my provider and not with BB.

Now concerning the reload of the operating system. As I understand, the reload will delete all my third party applications, does that mean that I will have to pay again for the paid applications that I have installed now? I think so because the reload will erase all codes that were on the BB. If that is true then I will keep everything the way it is until I upgrade to the Torch 9810 which I intend to do in the near future.

Once again, thank you very much for your assistance.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III

Gotcha.  I think the paid apps will be attached to your blackberry ID so you don't have to pay for them again.  I'm not sure about all the apps though.  I'd say its dependant on the vendor.  If you're thinking about upgrading... I recommend you wait just a bit longer for bb10 if possible!

http://global.blackberry.com/blackberry-10.html

Hi,

thanks for the tip. I looked at the promotion and I like it. The reason that I want to upgrade to 9810 and not 9850 or 60 is because of the touch screen keyboard. I do like a touch screen but not the typing. Now, BB 10 seems to offer much more than a compensation for my typing preferences so I might as well change my mind. It all depends how long we have to wait here in Thailand.

If I decide to wait for the BB 10 I will certainly do the reinstall on this one. I'll let you know what happens.

Contributor

One more question. My BB is slow to very slow at the moment can it be that a reinstall will put my phone back to the proper speed? Is it like MS that we should do a reinstall of the OS, once a year or so? Thanks