Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: South Africa

Facebook app is no longer working on my BB curve 8520!HELP please??

Hey there
I have had my BB 8520 for quite some time now & never had any problem having access to my Facebook app , it was slow with notifications etc etc but never did it not allow me to use the app!! So I woke up one morning and opened my facebook app from the previous night as always & it had frozen its home updates so I tried to refresh the page & it reloaded the page but then it was un-responsive from then on!!so I removed the battery,never helped!I un-installed it,rei-installed it,never helped!!I then deleted the app off app world and re-downloaded it,never helped!!HELP???I can still see the facebook app on my home page and when I click & open the fb app it opens up the login page through the app so I put my email and pin and then say login , the bubble pops up saying contacting facebook so I wait. .then it says in the bubble 'The facebook server is not able to handle your request at this time. Please try again later. (1503) ????? My facebook account still works in the facebook web internet page when searched through google but the App has crashed!!
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Facebook app is no longer working on my BB curve 8520!HELP please??

It could just be that your phone is having issues connecting to the Facebook server at the moment because of a communication error. You can try resending your service books to see if that might help, otherwise I'd try to wait another few hours. To resend your service books, go to Setup > Email Settings, press the BB Menu button and select Service Books. From here, you should be able to resend your service books.

If resending the service books doesn't help and if it still doesn't work in a few hours, come back and let us know as there are some more drastic steps we can try to get you back up and running.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: South Africa

Hey thanks guys but I actually got it working thanks Smiley Happy) appreciate the response , cheers!
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Awesome! How did you get it working? Might be useful information for others who have the same problem in the future. Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!