Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Facebook app is portrait only display

I recently reinstalled the Facebook app because my old one could not locate my place to do a check-in.  The new app will only display in portrait, which limits me to using a tin keyboard (not why I went with a Storm).  It also will only scroll in reverse and the touch screen is very uncooperative.  No other apps are this horrible.  Why can't the app display in landscape as the old one did, giving me the full keyboard and NORMAL scrolling?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Facebook app is portrait only display

I'm almost positive this is a software issue and not a hardware issue (that's good news).

Let's start with the good ol' battery pull and see if that fixes the problem.  With your phone powered on, remove your battery then replace it.

Post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks, BillJ.  I did the good ol' pull and it's all the same.  I should also add that my problems with the FB app started a couple of versions ago when it could no longer do Check-Ins.  Every other app that used gps worked, however.  Yesterday, I took the problem to a Verizon store and the employee took a look, reinstalled the app and couldn't resolve the problem... until we decided to reset the Storm to original settings (I'm reinstalling apps, and recreating my world now).  So, now the app can successfully access the gps features, but the app itself is incredibly ugly... to the point of being unusable.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530 V5.0.0328
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Same problem here.. but can we re-install the earlier version.. I dont like this form..
New Contributor

Good news!  Where can I find it?  I've been searching.