Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook app update?

Hi,

The version I'm currently using is 1.2.0. Is that the latest one?  I heard there was supposed to be a Facebook app update? I am definitely not happy with this version as it is very limiting (it doesn't refresh my status after i change it, can't comment on status updates, etc). I end up just using the mobile site. 

When is this update supposed to happen, do you know? And what changes would be made to the current one? Thanks! 

New Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold

Re: Facebook app update?

Yes 1.2.0 is the latest. Have you tried clearing your device Facebook cache?

While in the app, click the left menu button, select Options, then scroll & click on "Clear Cache".

You also need to make sure the section above that sayd you a currently logged in...

If you want instant friends list updates, make sure to clear the checkmark on the "Prompt before refreshing friends list" line.

Hope that helps!!

Contributor

Hi, thanks! I tried clearing the cache, and I did uncheck the "prompt" field just now. However, I still have my old status update from sometime early this week.

I guess I'm comparing it with the iPhone's facebook app.... difference is night and day. hope the bold app catches up! 

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Apparently an update is in the works...

http://crackberry.com/facebook-app-version-1-5-coming-early-2009

No date though.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm totally in agreement with vmbpc.  When I use 1.2 the inbox (default) screen says no messages, however via the BB browser or on the PC I may have 6 or 7 messages.  

In Options I have unchecked the "Prompt before refreshing Friens list" box and I clear my cache frequently...still no auto updates or Inbox message updates.

It is good for uploading photos to my Mobile Photo Album and changing my status.

I was expecting it to be more effective in terms of instant updates.