Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Facebook check in doesn't work

Thanks for your suggestion, but according to that site, check in is still a known issue for 3.1. Since Facebook is a widely used application, hopefully a fix is in the works.

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550

RE:

"You might should try the even newest version available at www.blackberry.com/beta in BetaZone"

Thanks again, but I don't think I'd want to take a chance on trying anything that wasn't an official release.  After all, their official releases don't even work, so I'd be crazy to trust their test versions.

John

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Spaceman-Spiff wrote:

RE:

"I believe you can find an old version of Facebook 3.0.0.17 here..."

Thanks for trying to help, but Facebook version 3.0.0.17 is THE PROBLEM.  We would need whatever the version was PRIOR to that.

This issue has really bugged me out.  I have been traveling across the country for the past week & a half and haven't been able to check in anywhere.  Really **bleep** me off.

Thanks anyway,

John

John, trying being nice. I'm not your enemy.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

I might give this a try after work today JS. Question, do the beta versions have release notes and if so would you happen to know what they are for this?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Contributor

RE:

"John, trying being nice. I'm not your enemy."

J Sanders, I never said you were my enemy.  And yes, I know you're being nice,  That's why I said "Thanks for trying to help."  I am not mad at you at all.  I am mad (furious, actually) at BlackBerry or RIM or whoever creates these updates.

Thanks again.

John

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

engsett wrote:

I might give this a try after work today JS. Question, do the beta versions have release notes and if so would you happen to know what they are for this?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, there are release notes of fixes made, and while the Check-In is not one of them mentioned specifically, there have been releases before this 3.1.0.9 which I do believe fixed that.

I would NOT be afraid to use the beta version in BetaZone. I am, no issues, and it's better than the 3.0 version.

Please use the forum ON BetaZone for discussion of any Beta apps... the program managers there listen and take feedback from users.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Success! Check in is now available after joining the BB Beta Zone and installing the latest version.

Thanks again JS for all your help.

New Contributor

Re: Facebook check in doesn't work [ New ]

Success! Check in is now available after joining the BB Beta Zone and installing the latest version.

Thanks again JS for all your help.

Ditto on above, thanks JS

Contributor

Success for me, too!  Downloaded version 3.1.0.9 from the BlackBerry Beta Zone and it worked!

THANKS, JS!!!!

John

New Contributor

I installed version 3.1.0.9 too with sucess. Now I see 3.1.0.11 is available, will give it a try.