Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Facebook contacts sync?

I have had the Torch for a couple of weeks now and decided to wait on posting this as I have noticed that it can sometimes take a couple of days for updates to take place.  It doesn't seem that all of my contacts have synced with my FB contacts (pictures from FB syncing to contacts in my address book on the phone).  I had one contact update the day I activated the phone, and no other ones since.  Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try?  Thanks in advance!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Facebook contacts sync?

To link a Facebook friend with a contact in your BlackBerry contacts, press the menu key in the Facebook application, click Friends, choose a friend and select Connect to BlackBerry Contact. If this friend is already in your BlackBerry contacts, click Yes, or Select Contact. Then select the contact. Your friends profile picture, birthday and work information should then be added to your BlackBerry contacts.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Curve - 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Okay. Let's all take a deep breath. Good.

I have seen this question asked many times elsewhere and everyone that replies seems to miss the point completely. I have this same issue and I will try to phrase it so that everyone can understand. No offense.

I have Facebook. I have friends on Facebook. I have friends on Facebook that publish their PHONE NUMBER.

I want to extract their picture, name and PHONE NUMBER (including the rest of their contact info) to my BlackBerry Address Book without having to do so manually or bother them with a request for it when they have already entered it into their FaceBook contact info.

Also, if the friend is not already in my BlackBerry Address Book, I want an entry created.

Does that make sense? If so, how is it done?

My Device: Curve - 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Sorry if I was rude. I seem to have found the answer.

http://tinyurl.com/2dcp7br

This describes how to import the email addresses of your Facebook friends into your Yahoo! Contacts list. From there you export as a CSV file to your desktop and import that into your Google Mail account then use Google sync on your blackberry to get them onto your phone. Now as far as getting their numbers I still don't know