Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Facebook ever going to get fixed?

For about two months now my facebook can not upload photos using the "upload to facebook" option in the menu.  I have to email them to facebook.

Also, ALWAYS get the "Cannot establish connection to server" all the time.

Called everyone from Verizon, blackberry and even emailed facebook....no good answer.  Anyone know what the scoop is?

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Facebook ever going to get fixed?

[ Edited ]

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

Do you have the BlackBerry Data plan? Which device are you using? 

Did you upload to the latest facebook? 

FACEBOOK for BlackBerry

I usually send my pics to facebook from the media pictures  on the BlackBerry . I can't say that I have tried to send it via the facebook upload... 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I have had the at problem also, intermittantly for the past two weeks as well.

It works on one upload and not the next.

The issue has been passed along to RIM for assitance, but no answers yet.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums

Do you have the BlackBerry Data plan? Which device are you using? 

Did you upload to the latest facebook? 

FACEBOOK for BlackBerry

I usually send my pics to facebook from the media pictures  on the BlackBerry . I can't say that I have tried to send it via the facebook upload... 

Yes, I have unlimited use data plan.  I have a blackberry pearl, and yes I have the latest facebook.  I try to upload my pictures from my media to facebook and that does not work either:*(

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Now that is not good Lavell!!  We will see what we can find out.  I just uploaded two last night to Facebook, but it looks like jsanders has had problems with this.. Let us get back with you

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Tour 9630

I have had this issue with my tour and my old pearl, all I did was to un-install facebook and install a previos version, and shortly enough there will be a facebook update and that will/should work
New Contributor
My Device: 9530

I just don't know. I have had no luck since the first edition of the blackberry facebook software. The first version never caused me any problems, but every update since then has given me nothing but trouble. Oh how I wish I remember that original version and could go back to it. I basically deleted it all from my phone and just go to facebook through my browser. Smiley Sad

New Contributor

[ Edited ]
I have had this issue with my tour and my old pearl, all I did was to un-install facebook and install a previos version, and shortly enough there will be a facebook update and that will/should work

Can you tell me how to do this on my blackberry pearl?
New Contributor

I just don't know. I have had no luck since the first edition of the blackberry facebook software. The first version never caused me any problems, but every update since then has given me nothing but trouble. Oh how I wish I remember that original version and could go back to it. I basically deleted it all from my phone and just go to facebook through my browser. :smileysad:

I am with ya!!!  I used to be able to upload pictures and videos from my Blackberry Pearl to FB  with no problem.  Can't do it now!!  I guess that is why the app is FREE!!

My Device: 8330 Curve

i was having problems similar to the ones described here regarding not getting fb notifications.  i resolved the issue by adding the facebook "sender" to my address book. 

when i looked at the email address i was getting my fb notifications from, i saw that they all shared what appeared to be a unique identifier that was reserved for my use only.  i added the email address to the web-based address book on the fb/bb linked account (in my case, a @verizon.net address). 

the fb "sender" address looked something like this: notification+xxxxxxxx@facebookmail.com.  once emails from this sender stopped going to my junk mail folder, the problem fixed itself.

hope this helps someone.