Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: SingTel

Facebook for BB -ISSUES

Ok so I am not so technically backward or a moron.. but having serious issues... pls help!

1) Why cant i see messages and notifications on my handheld on the FB app site?

2) Is the only way to get messages is to change notifications in my FB account to receive emails. to my hotmail inbox? then I get the FB messages in 3 places and its really inundating esp since my emails are not sycnhing either with handheld... do I have to have extra notifications to receive FB msgs.. I thought you can go to FB site and see new msgs/notifs

Does it matter how I set up the app (on handheld vs downloading on desktop?)

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Facebook for BB -ISSUES

hello,

here is the regular setup for facebook notifications, when you use a computer and a BlackBerry device.

one event is sent out to:

• the facebook notifications page
  • the facebook application for BlackBerry notification tab

for the first item, it's straightforward.

for the second item, this is how it works:

1. a notification email is sent to yout email address at hotmail (you configure that on the website)
  2. the hotmail email fetched by the BIS, and the message arrives in your BlackBerry "messages" application. (you configure that on the BIS website of your carrier)
  3. the email is then swallowed by the Facebook application on your device (you have to activate that in the options of the application)
  4. Then the notification appears in the tab in the Facebook application
  5. and then the Facebook application deletes that "message" (this is a setings in the options of the application on your BlackBerry)

in the end, you have the event notification both on Facebook (the website that you browse with your device) and on Facebook for BlackBerry.

Now that being said, I do not know if viewing a given notification will mark it as read on the other side.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: SingTel

great thanks.. I have done all of the above.. somehow, i get all the notifications to my email adderss on my PC as well and was trying to avoid that from happening, so it only comes through on my handheld... but doesnt look like thats possible?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

the facebook notifications have to be sent to an email address. You can either configure your BlackBerry device to activate deleted reconciliation from Handheld to server, or you can create an automatic rule on your PC mail user agent to delete the facebook notifications. This is done in 3 minutes if you use Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
My Device: 9000/5.0.0.610
My Carrier: OrangePL

Where are download files for Facebook 1.7 in Polish???

I cannot download it either ota nor desktop/ActiveX.

Seems like files were deleted.

Can somebody fix it???