Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: sprint

Facebook for Blackberry 4.2.0.10 'Notification' Problems

I installed the latest version of facebook for blackberry (4.2.0.10) last night, and now entering the application and just looking at the notifcation list within the application causes them all to be set to 'read.' I'm not clicking any notifications, just looking at the list.

In fact, when you go back to the blackberry home screen, the notification icon and number of new notifications is now gone.

One of the easiest ways to check notifications is to use the home screen of the blackberry (Bold 9930 in my case) and select the notification bar and check each notification individually, but once you go into the facebook app, the icon and small number indicator go away.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Facebook for Blackberry 4.2.0.10 'Notification' Problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried pulling the battery and re-inserting?  Soft resets are very effective! :smileyhappy:

VIA | Developer

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/Facebook-notification-problem/m-p...

I have, but the problem still persist. I even uninstalled facebook and re installed it. 

VIA | reggieman726

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/Facebook-notification-problem/m-p...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: sprint

Yes, I have reset/pulled the battery.

It's clear when it happens. You are in the facebook app, it pulls the latest notifications, and when you close the app, the notifications are gone from the home screen.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Hi Rdenzel

Friend the problem here is the application and this version has presented this error

It is advisable to write the developer of the Facebook application

And tell your inconvenience.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution