Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
03-22-2011 01:50 PM
I just upgraded my 9700 to OS6 and really like it, except for one problem. I have an issue with the Facebook app (Version 188.8.131.52), which seems to think I have a larger screen than I actually do. Perhaps it was written for the Torch?
When vertically scrolling through the Facebook Newsfeeds, the selection cursor is seldom on the screen - often on the previous update that is off the screen. This makes it almost impossible to tell if I'm commenting, liking, clicking a photo, or visiting someone's profile.
Then while trying to get the cursor to stop on a selection that's actually visible in the window, the screen scrolls rapidly and uncontrollably, leaving the post I was reading somewhere far behind. This never occurred with OS5.
Is there a control I can change for the application, or better yet, will there be an upgrade for this application that recognizes the hardware/software combination? The current setup is pretty useless.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-25-2011 06:27 PM
In response to the post above, i would like to say that facebook on my Bold 9700 and on my Pearl 9105 3G also scrolls TOOO FAST !! its making facebook less fun to use.....
C'mon blackberry team send out a FIX !!!
03-26-2011 07:52 PM
you need facebook version 2.0 if your using os 6 on blackberry i have written up a step by step guide to do this as best as i can
to get facebook 2.0 for os 6 blackberry
- Please create a backup of your device information prior to installing Facebook 2.0, such that your data can be restored if issues are encountered upon loading the software.
- Register your details including your BB PIN on https://www.blackberry.com/beta (best to do this on PC first)
- Then varify your account through the email which should have been sent upon completing your registration
- Now log into your account on blackberry beta zone
- Check under “Eligible Programs” on the right hand side to find Facebook 2.0 for BlackBerry smartphones beta program! This will only appear if you qualify for this (NOTE: though this version is currently only available for OS 6.0 users, stay tuned for future updates which will include support for other codelines)
- Under the first section that is titled 'Keycodes for Facebook v2.0' click on the address https://www.blackberry.com/beta/downloads/chooseAp
- Choose your language, hit submit. agree to software eligibility declaration, hit submit. again click i agree, hit submit.
- You should now be directed to the following page https://www.blackberry.com/beta/downloads/view/645
- Log into blackberry beta zone on your blackberry smartphone You should now be looking at the same page from here click the download button at the bottom of the page
- You should now be going through the downloading process and will ask to reboot your phone when finish downloading on your blackberry smartphone
- When phone is back on go into the facebook app, just above where you accept it will ask for a keycode, this should have arrived in your email inbox
- Come out of the app, log onto your email through the blackberry smartphone and open the email you now have to select and copy the keycode
- Go back to the app back to the section where it has keycode just above the accept button and paste it (please note, you may have to type the keycode manually as i did, as it wouldnt paste which is a pain and is time consuming)
- Once the keycode has been fully entered then click i accept and you should now be connected to facebook 2.0 for os 6
I HAVE MADE THIS FROM MEMORY SO APOLOGIES IF ANYTHING MIGHT NOT BE 100% BUT I AM SURE THIS WILL HELP
03-26-2011 09:14 PM
You typed all that from memory??? That's a heckuva memory.
Just installed the beta and with only a single workaround to force the generation of the keycode. It went smoothly and seems to resolve the scrolling/display problem. Now I just have to figure out all the new options.
Thanks so much for your help!
Note to anyone else who tries it: Read the screen carefully and be prepared to back out of the installation one time to force the emailing of the beta keycode. It's a workaround to get the delayed (and required) keycode to arrive.
03-26-2011 09:22 PM
i had only just done it myself so was still fresh in my memory lol
glad it helped
and wasnt too sure if the keycode would come straight through but at least you've cleared that up lol
happy to have helped, enjoy!!
03-26-2011 09:30 PM
By the way, I see you had to type the keycode manually because it wouldn't paste, That IS a heckuva memory. I had the same problem initially, but did the paste instead by holding down the Select button until the new OS6 popup blue menu appeared. The Paste option worked from that screen. RIM is aware of this inconsistency.
03-26-2011 09:37 PM
i wish my memory was that good lol no i had the email with the keycode showing on my laptop as i typed it into my phone, its all good am just happy its resolved lol
11-01-2011 08:27 AM - edited 11-01-2011 09:01 AM
I had exactly the same problem described here since 'upgrading' from a perfectly working OS 184.108.40.2060 to a bug-filled and very annoying version 220.127.116.118.
I am already using Facebook 18.104.22.168 so the beta route does not work for me. Eventually I found that deleting the Facebook app and then re-installing it has cured the scrolling bug.
Hopefully this is the last fix I will have to do for a while. I wish I'd never upgraded, I had no idea that the 'upgrade' would change the menu system on my phone and stop half my apps working. I should not have to spend hours messing about with my handset just to get it to do the things it used to do last week! I also had to re-install Blackberry App World and go through a variety of test procedures to re-set my GPS before that would work again. In desperation I tried to uninstall the latest version and reload my old OS but the desktop software freezes and won't let me do it. So I'm stuck with the new OS that I don't like and a load of apps with bugs in that were fine before.
I don't have time for this.
It shouldn't be up to customers to find helpful and friendly individuals on these forums to sort out bugs created by the RIM software developers.