Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9000

Re: Facebook for bold 9000 Hellllooooooo RIM can u pls fix it!!!!!

Cool yes the escape key is the undo key to me. Yes that is what i used before to go back. To whatever i was at before. So if i was viewing a post/thread then i wanted to go back to the other notifications to continue checking/commenting/lokking/viewing whatever i would then press the esacpe key as u say. Unfortunately it takes me back to News Feed and thats not what i am after.

Also the notification alerts/icons whatever they are called on the desktop/home screen what ever that is called are mucked up again. It is showing that there is one notification for facebook and there is nothing there.

Gee this version of facebook on blackberry is a dud.

Trusted Contributor

Hi still having problems! This is an update:

I took fb off my phone for a while and just surfed thru the browser instead but then reinstalled. OK the latest thing i noticed is that there are notifications on the desktop yet nothing in the app itself to check. I figured out by the number that it is friend requests that it is counting. The number is up to 12. This is the amount of friend requests since the last install of the fb app. Anyway within the fb app i have deleted or accepted so they no longer exist in the app. On my desktop computer also they are gone.
Now the next thing where the notifications are in the app itself i cannot 'delete prior' like in the previous version of the app. It was something i could select and could do since i had the fb app but alas no more. i have reinstalled twice with this version or maybe more with no improvement.
I aso noticed that i often have to reboot the phone and do a battery pull. Very annoying as the phone becomes so slow with everything with that app. When the phone did have the app it was way faster. I only have FB, whatsapp, im+free, viber and paypal apps now. I had to reduce them to have some kind of functioning phone.
So if anyone can help with some part of these problems i would be most grateful. Oh someone did tell me on a FB Blackberry help page that i could put the old version of the app on but i tried and tried with no results...couldnt even download the thing because the page would not view or show the link.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hi rapattack,

the Bold 9000 has very few device memory (128MB, including the size of the OS). It is half what is available for the Curve 8900).

So it is normal that you have to make choices and let opened only the most vital apps.

For FB, I advise you to log off (there is an option in the menu for that) when you are not using it.

It is possible to install a previous version of facebook. You need an install file. Unfortunately, this install file can only be downloaded on third party websites, that may or may not be trustworthy (downloading such an install file from an untrusted website could make you install a malware that would steal all your contacts and PayPal information for example).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor

OK yes understandable. Its a pity because otherwise it is a great phone. Well maybe i better take paypal off as i rarely use it. I am inclined to shop only at home. Pity the fb app is so **bleep**ty(this version). I tend to have it open because of the type of lifestyle i have. I am out and about a lot and i dont want event organisers/participants to all know my number plus i never do that checkin thing. Pity that whoever the developer is is not listening as i cant be the only one having trouble with this app :0(

Oh yeah and the other reason i would log off is i noticed whenever i have(this version) and then i log back in i get a stack of old notifications from a day or more(often over 100). Then i have to delete one by one...how painful is that!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I am not you, but my opinion is that back in 2008, when the Bold 9000 was released, there was a Facebook app that matched its system abilities.

Today, 5 years later, which means 10 years in the computer world, you expect a 2013 app to run smoothly on a 5-year old smartphone.
Honestly, you can be lucky to have a workin app at all!

That being said, if I had to use a 9000 and use Facebook on it, I would simply delete the app, and use the browser to go to https://m.facebook.com/ . It is a bit less beaurtiful, but so much faster and it has twice the features too.
And notifications can be managed too if you receive them by email.

Please give it a try for a week, and you'll see my advice is the best for you Smiley Happy

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yeah i get u. Trouble is with the browser u cant upload pics because of the whole rim issue. Oh and email notifications are super annoying. I cant remember why i found that the most annoying. Ah well i will decide at some point what to do. I cant afford a new phone as i am on a pension. I didnt even buy this one. I was lucky that someone gave it to me and i have a great prepaid deal that will run out at some point because the company was taken over...i am sure they will fuly fold the company they bought and i will no longer have the great phone/data deal. This is the only prepaid data deal in australia for BB's Smiley Sad ah well things do change so maybe someone will give me an even better phone he he