Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Facebook icon

Hi there,

I just downloaded the Facebook application and used it for the first time.

Bad suprise : it created an Facebook icon with a small number besides on my home screen !!

I don't have any more new notification or so but the icon is still there.

Who can help me to removed it?

SKD

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Facebook icon

Hello! 

From my experience with the FB app and its notifications, you need to "physically" acknowledge all of them for the little star/number to go away. 

What I mean by "physically" acknowledge is that you need to click and open the notifications. Go in to the FB app, then go to the notifications section ... anything that's still in bold you haven't "physically" acknowledge, so simply click and open each one of them. The star/numbers should go away after that. 

It took me months to figure that one out, so don't fret. 

Cheers! 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Yes, when you install the Facebook app it posts a couple messages under Notifications in the Facebook app.  you need to delete those. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Look in Messages. Facebook puts things there and they do not go away until you view/delete them from the BB. You can also change the Facebook setting on your BB so it does not integrate with Messages.
____
John
Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Also, if you have a large number of notifications, you don't have to click on every single one! Simply open the Facebook app, go to "notifications", highlight one of the dates (ie: where it says "Nov 25, 2010"), hit the menu key, and select "Delete prior".

This will save you a lot of time!