Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Facebook issues

My facebook has died overnight. It was working fine yesterday, but would not connect to the news feed today. I uninstalled the programme, and downloaded it again, and the same issue continues, it connects to my messages but not the newsfeed. Each time I connect I get a pop up saying 'The Facebook server has returned an unknown error and is not able to fulfil your request. (2001)' Does anyone know what has happened and how I can rectify this?

I have a Bold 9900, on O2 (UK).

Many thanks

Rob

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Facebook issues

Hi robinotley

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First check this Knowledge Base Article regarding this error message:

KB25378 :  Facebook 2000 series error codes in Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones.

You can see that those error are generated from the facebook server and you can't do much but try again after a few hours. Or  try a few things like Open FaceBook for BlackBerry Application > Press the menu key > Options > Scroll Down to " Clear Cache " then Clear the cache ,then log out . Perform a battery pull restart on your device.

After reboot Log in to FaceBook for BlackBerry .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 4062080240

I am having the exact same problem. I installed the newest facebook update with no improvement. This coupled with my inability to search Google over the last week, is going to push me right into a new phone. No other phone in my house is having this issue. Ugh. (iPhone, Samsung)

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve 3g
My Carrier: o2

I am having the EXACT same problem but nobody else is if they dont have a BB so im thinking its a problem with BB and FB??

New Contributor

Exactly the same issue here with a 9900 on o2. It was working fine until i updated the OS on the phone (officially, through Blackberry Desktop Manager) and then Facebook stopped working

New Contributor
My Device: ex Blackberry Bold 9700 - now Android

Hi, 

I understand that the errors are returned by the FB server, but when I access FB on my 9700 via my home Wi-Fi connection, FB works just fine. Switch to a mobile (3G) connection, and I get the error message.

(This is on 2 family Blackberry devices). 

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: Cell C

The same here bb needs to fix this fb upgraded version I did what the support guy suggested but problem still there Seems like silly season fever attacked bb app world and fb technicians as everybody passing the buck Fix the **bleep** app 99% of the comments are negative on the upgrade
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi all

As you all can see everyone is having problem with newsfeed ,and it has nothing to do with new FaceBook version.Please have patience I am sure it will fix within a few hours ,No need to Uninstall FaceBook for BlackBerry from your device.

I hope everyone understands.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

From what I've been told the issue is being worked on. I cannot confirm whether it is a FB issue or BB issue. Right now the workaround is to use WiFi. For some reason the mobile network connection to FB isn't working as expected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for the update, hope it's fixed soon