Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Facebook not showing inbox messages!

Hey everyone,

I am knew to this forum and hope someone can help me with my issue.

I have a Bold 9700, everything was working perfectly up until this morning. I received a Facebook inbox message, but when I try and read it all it displays is the message subject and nothing else. Over the course of the day I received a few more inbox messages but all of them I can only see the message subject and not the message itself.

Anybody else ever had this problem? I have reset the phone, deleted facebook and re-installed but did not work. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Facebook not showing inbox messages!

I am having a similar problem, so you are not alone.

I reinstalled the Facebook application, and did a couple of battery pulls, but the problem persists.

New Contributor
My Carrier: 3

Hi tylbrand

I've had exactly the same problem since yesterday...it's so frustrating. The message subject will show up but the rest of the message is blank.. I've reinstalled the fb app but that just deletes all my thread history and doesn't resolve the problem.. Everything else to do with the app is fine..like status updates, wall posts, comments etc..I now have to go to the actual browser or use my computer to read my inbox messages... It could be that facebook are updating something..

If you hear anything I would be very grateful to hear back from you. I will do the same.

Cheers

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry, you need to fix this ASAP!!!!!

There is a post on Facebook about this, hundreds of people are experiencing this problem:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2254487659&topic=16948&start=0&hash=d2e656acdafde7aa56092fb136...

New Contributor

Thank you cmykink.

At least now I know im not the only one, so it is obviously a Blackberry server issuie and not my device itslef.

Thanks to the other posts as well. Nice to see people are willing to go ut there way to help others.

Thanx all.

lets hope BB sort it out soon, cos I got a Facebook Inbox message about 15 minutes ago and still it only shows the Subject.

My Device: Curve - 8900
My Carrier: O2

Hey All,

I don't know how many times i have uninstall and reinstall facebook on my bb so empathise!

So glad it's not my actual device as was starting to think  i don't know where the receipt is for it and not too sure what the warranty is!

Lets hope they sort it sooner rather than later!

Zo

New Contributor
My Carrier: 3

Sorted it... I just installed the latest version of the fb app from blackberry app world.. version 1.8.0.49 You don't need to delete the old version first. once installed, reboot your bb. the old messages will still not displayproperly but if you get someone to send you a message you'll be able to view the new one no problem. all messages from now on should display fine. hope this helps.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9810
My Carrier: Safaricom Kenya

I wonder what those of us who DO NOT have access to the APP WORLD should do! Come Blackberry talk to Facebook or whatever, but please DO SOMETHING!

I

Highlighted
New Contributor

This is really weird.....My Blackberry App world is still showing the older version of Facebook. (1.7.0.22) and not the new version (1.8.0.49)

I have now redownloaded the App World and it is still not showing me the new version Smiley Sad I deleted facebook and then redid App world Again, and STILL it only shows version 1.7.0.22 and not the newer version Smiley Sad Any suggestions?