Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
BNW
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Facebook notification problem

since upgrading to Facebook v.4.0.0.13 i am recieving FB notifications on my BB but am unable to access them. when i press the logo for notifications nothing happens. any ideas?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Facebook notification problem

Hello BNW

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

After updating your Facebook application have you performed a battery pull restart ! Please do it by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min. then reinsert it back . After reboot please check again if you can access Facebook application.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
BNW
New Contributor

i have tried restarting, just tried your suggestion now. i have also uninstalled and reinstalled the FB app, and reset the notification settings, but i am  still unable to access notifications.

Elite II

Hello BNW

Reinstalling facebok application should have worked , if it still not working can you try reinstalling Facebbok application , do it like this :

• On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete Facebook for BlackBerry application.
  • After deleteing perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min then reinsert it back.
  • Finally use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/facebook and download it again.
  • After installing perform another reboot , after reboot open facebook application , login and then check if you're able to access notification.

Try it and let see if it works.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
BNW
New Contributor

have tried your suggestion (twice), still not able to access notifications and I just realized that i cant access freind requests either (the personal message function does work). thanks for your help, is there any way that i can reload the older version of FB?

Elite II

Hi there,

If still unable to access , then next will be a battery pull restart , if it fails then On your device Go to options > Device > Application Management > Scroll down to Facebook application > Highlight Facebook > Click on Edit permission ( Edit everything to allow ) then try again.

I have send you a Private message , can you check that !