Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry 8500
My Carrier: at&t

Facebook notifications aren't working?

I downloaded the Facebook app but I don't receive any notifications or messages. However, when I get on the browser, I DO get notifications and whatnot.

I've looked up this problem and people say that you have to register your email (yahoo, gmail, etc) to your blackberry to so, but I've done that.

So what's the deal?

Any help would be appreciated!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Facebook notifications aren't working?

well first of all i believe you should go to your facebook app and go to the options after you click on the apps button on your blackberry while your on your facebook app. and after you click on options make sure your messages are checked. Because mines are usually defaulted to be checked and after its check. it should show up in your email if you want email notifications. and if you did want email notifications you should go to you facebook account settings i believe and check that you want notifications when your recieving a comment on your wall or a messages. etc. then enable your email on there and it should work by then and make sure that in your profile for your blackberry to check if you want it to vibrate notify you because you won't want it going off in a meeting or something! ><

let me know if this works..