Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Facebook on Torch - no login/flood of junk

Trying Facebook on the Torch (just bought - Oct 10, 2020). Doesn't ask for a login and I get flooded with huge amounts of stuff from people I don't have as friends. etc.

No option in facebook setup for login, etc....

At a loss....

NJT

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Facebook on Torch - no login/flood of junk

Facebook most definitely does ask for a login but only once.  You can always logout of it if you want.  Nothing comes into your FaceBook BB app that doesn't come into Facebook on the PC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

On first use of facebook was never asked for credentials.

Uninstalled, reinstalled and was prompted - now works as expected.

Was amused that the download site from a search on Blackberry.com to reload the facebook app resulted in a 404....

NJT

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If Facebook was already logged in when you got the phone then the phone was NOT new and/or someone else logged in and left it logged in. 

There was no reason to uninstall it.  You simply needed to go into Facebook >Options >Logout as I posted above. 

The download for Facebook is simply www.blackberry.com/facebook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!