Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Facebook search error

Hi there.

i hope that i am posting this in the correct place, if not please feel free to move it.

i am receiving an error when i try to search for people or pages in facebook.

i get error: "The facebook server has returned an unknown error and is not able to fulfill your request (2018)"

facebook Response Error: This API call could not be completed due to resource limits.

This is happening on my Bold 9900. 7.1 Bundle 1149(v7.1.0.342, Platform 5.1.0.276)

facebook version:  v3.0.0.17

i see some posts on this, but no real answers regarding this. i have done a battery pull (more than once) and have installed and reinstalled the facebook application.

i would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction to getting this issue sorted out.     

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Facebook search error

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Not knowing what you have already seen, I risk giving you redundant information. Nevertheless, here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB25378 Facebook 2000 series error codes in Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Hi sdgardne

thank you for the reply.

i did read that KB post already before posting, but unfortunately it isn't of much help.

I'm not sure what can be done about it as i have tried all the steps as mentioned in my initial post.

is there anything else that i could possibly try to remedy the problem?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

It is not really a problem with the Blackberry phone nor the Facebook app as this has been caused by the Facebook server returning you the error message. It affects all mobile apps connected to Facebook.

9900 has an awesome browser. you may try to access the Facebook full page with it and search who you need to search.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter