Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Facebook

I upgraded Facebook (to 4.1.0.19) on my 9800 this week and now when I load it, none of the menu functions (people, notifications etc) work at all and when I toggle out of Facebook to the BB home screen I get the following message:  "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"  I've deleted/uninstalled a couple of times but with no joy - any ideas please?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Facebook

Hi bnsmith

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you already tried reinstalling Facebook application and still getting the same java error message then probably its a Device Software issue , Sometime because of such error the device OS itself got corrupted and then we had to Reload the OS to fix such glitches .

To do that first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software then refer to this Knowledge Base to reload the OS :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

After reload you can try this new version of facebook , I hope you won't receive the same error again. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: TMN

Re: Facebook

I have the same problem, but the message is lost connection with wi-fi

Since thar upgrade, also the twitter was affected and the acesso to blackberry world is not easy, most of the time because it says lost connection wiht wi-fi (but i have acess to net, i have feeds)

Smiley Mad