Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><
Accepted Solution

Facebook

Hello all.  I am trying to get my facebook application to work. It has not been receiving notifications.  I went to facebook site and several are experiencing this with the blackberry. Below is a post I read but I can't figure out what she is talking about on what I can do.

Please help

Post #67

Hey,
I was having the exact same problem and I went to my list of applications and went to "Email Settings" which is the picture of the letter with that cog on it and it let me change which PIN number my account was programmed to in my phone. So maybe try that?
Goodluck

What is she talking about?

Thanks!

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Facebook

Hi,

Try this first:

1) GO TO OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/HOUST ROUTING TABLES/menu key/REGISTER NOW.

You will get an email registration verification it will not go to your email account.

As soon as you get the email:

2) Send service books either from the BIS site or from your device. You will get an email verification

on your email address. Do the standard the battery pull and retest.

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I had this problem, also. Facebook Support never responded to my inquiry. Shame on them.

Make sure the email you have associated is an email you have connected with your Blackberry.

Then, check all the boxes that you want to receive notifications AS EMAILS on the Facebook Account Notification Settings page. If you're like me, you have all those unchecked, because you don't want to receive an email everytime someone comments on a photo, etc.

Facebook emails your email account the notifications (wall posts, messages, events, etc), your email account sends it to your Blackberry. Once the emailed notifications hit your Blackberry, the Facebook application steals them and you don't have to read them in your Messages list. Instead, you'll receive a Facebook notification for everything you told Facebook to send you.

Because you still get the notification in your online email account, I created a separate email account for all my Facebook notifications. This way my main email isn't cluttered by Facebook and I still get Facebook notifications to my Blackberry.

If you do create an invididual Facebook account for notifications, remember to tell Facebook your new address in Acount Settings. Also, add your new email address as an additional email account on your Blackberry.

Strangely complicated and frustrating, huh?

hey, sup.
Elite I

Thank you so much! That is what happened. Somehow my notifications were changed to OFF.  My friend had the same problem, and she checked her settins and she was on off.  Once I reset like suggested, I now get Facebook notifications!

Thank you so much! have a wonderful day!!

My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi toeslayer and welcome to the forums!

Excellent first post!

Good info, got it bookmarked,

Kudos,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite I

Bifocals beat me to it - WELCOME TO BB FORUMS!!  I was so excited to fix my facebook that I failed to address that!!

I too have bookmarked it!! Learned from the best!

have a blessed da

Thank you!

Glad I could help.

hey, sup.
Visitor

I have kind of the opposite problem. How do I keep Facebook messages from showing up in my messages folder on my BB? I get dual notification... one in the FB App... one in BB messages. Can I set something to keep notifications and messages fron FB in the FB App only?
New Contributor

Ok, I know this is the age old question and y'all are probably sick of answering it. My problem is that I've done all of the suggested things to receive facebook notifications on my Curve 8330. Like others, I was receiving them just fine before I upgraded the version about a week ago. I've checked my notifications, and I have the proper email account linked to facebook. Maybe there's something I'm missing. I just don't see how it worked so well for so long and, all of the sudden, it's a whole different animal after the upgrade. Help?
Elite I

I really like the new facebook.  If you checked your notifications on the facebook settings, and they are all set to on - try removing the battery and allowing your phone to reboot! 

Let us know